Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One Step Closer...

Good Evening Everyone!
First off, John's Grandma Angie is ill and while she is on the mend, I would like to ask everyone to keep this very special woman in your thoughts and prayers.
This week John and I had our home visit with the home study social worker. We scrubbed the house for 10 straight days, you could literally eat off of any surface in our house! Even Ruby's crate is spotless. Did the visit last long enough to warrant the amount of detergent and cleanser that we used? Probably not, but the meeting was nice and quick and now we are one step closer. The next step is to wait for our completed home study which hopefully should be early next week and then we continue to work on collecting our paperwork for the dossier. The program director at the placing agency is in Thailand right now meeting the children and collecting information on any new children. How crazy is it that it is somewhat feasible that she has met our child?!?! When I think about it in those terms, I just want to stay up all night painting the baby's room and buying every toy and book I can find online!
Speaking of books, my mom found a life book for us that is hands down the cutest thing ever. As I learned more about life books vs. traditional baby books and I could not find one that really seemed right. I started to panic thinking that we would have to make one ourselves and then I really thought about our lack of artistic...well, anything! So thankfully my mom found exactly what I had in my head!
We are off to fill out more paperwork (can't wait until that is not an everyday sentence!) and hope that everyone is doing well.
Love,
John and Nancy

No comments: