Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wishful Packing Prep

So, the house is ready, we are ready (well as ready as we are going to be!) we have been working with Ruby to get her used to not being the queen of the house (we hope she is getting used to it!), what is left??? Packing!!! No, we don't have our travel dates yet but those of you who know me well, I am a girl who likes to be prepared. I need to check, double check and triple check. So I figure that I will start getting things together that we will need on the trip for Frank and making sure that we have everything ahead of time. What? Is this not normal? Notice the bag of goodies from my mom, I mentioned that we were looking for water wings for the pool and she hit a jackpot of kids stuff for pools, outdoors, and travel with children in general. Adorable sunglasses, kids sunscreen, swimming goggles, pool toys, blocks (not for the pool, but just like John and I both had as children that we have been searching for)etc...Thanks Mom! As you can see, I have everything but the kitchen sink and to be truthful, I do keep going back to pull things out that we need on an every day basis...So for those of you who are already parents or those who have made the adoption journey, we would really appreciate any advice on what is REALLY needed and what I will be paying someone to take off my hands by the first layover. Ok, back to my lists and checking them twice...sheesh I am starting to sound like Santa!
-Nancy

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Love it Nancy! I'm like you, I like to be prepared. I'm always writing lists. I even have a bag ready for our Thai trip in 9 months - just put a couple of things in here and there that I know we definately need to take that we don't actually need at this moment.

You will be glad you have starting preparing because once you get your board meeting date, time will fly!!

Sharon xx

Maci Miller said...

LOL, it's normal in my world! Love that you are blogging again! Finally had some time to check blogs tonight and was excited to see the new posts! Will try to read them all this week and look forward to catching up with you on the phone this week too. Maybe we can skype!
Love
Jen

Maci Miller said...

and BTW - good for you to be so on top of things!!! You are ready, Momma!!!

Ellie said...

Yay!! Jen says you'll soon be going! So glad to hear you're all set, bags and all!!! Can't wait to follow your journey! Congrats!!