Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Daddy's Boy

No one was feeling all that great this morning, I seem to be about a day behind John with coming down with something, so all three of us were a bit sluggish and sniffly.  To top it off, the issues have started to move south if you know what I mean - if you don't, trust me you don't want to.  Off we went on an adventure to find a pharmacy!  The hotel pointed us is in the general direction that we needed and more of the city we discovered.  Can I just take a moment and tell you how much I love this city!  It is such a phenomenal mix of old tradition and new age living.  It is hard to describe it in words that do it justice but John and I both agree on how comfortable we instantly felt here.  I am not going to lie, the hotel we are staying at and everyone that works there has helped more than I can say in making this an easy trip.  I cannot recommend this hotel enough for any kind of trip, but especially for adoption!  We wandered around the shopping district for a while, picked up some medicine and quickly realized that we had not timed things very well as the lunch hour was quickly coming close.  So we did something we promised John's Grandma Angie we would do, we took Wi to his first McDonald's...Mommy and Daddy were not feeling it but let's face it, some chicken nuggets and a toy make every child happy!  This will not happen again for quite some time as I can't even tell you the last time we ate at a McDonald's, but there are many things that I said I would never do as a mother that have flown right out the window.
After lunch and a nap at the hotel, we headed out to MBK.  Sort of an inside version of the weekend market but smaller and much more manageable.  We walked around the various stalls, bartered with some people (much more sucessfully thank you Sharon!) and found a...Dunkin' Donuts!  Now at this point you probably think we are complete junk food addicts which cannot be further from the truth, but there are two types of people in this world, sort of like Rolling Stones or Beatles, night person or morning, Starbucks or DD?  We are proud to say DD in this house!!!  So an ice coffee for mom and dad and a first donut hole for the Wi One...let's just say that he enjoyed it perhaps even more then we did, the coffee is just not that great here, and it comes in tiny cups, this was a much needed oasis in the desert of tea drinkers!  Picked up a few needed items at the supermarket downstairs, ate dinner and back we went.  John and I have been taking turns holding hands with or carrying the little guy, but for the past two days, I have been having less turns.  Wi is really taking to John now which is great, even though it is a biased opinion, I don't think this little one can have a better male role model than his daddy.  I am actually really ok with this turn of events as for one thing it is beautiful to watch, and two, with all of the meetings coming up and my binder about to be put to the test, it makes sense that one of us be able to focus on the technical side of things while one is watching Wi.  I just hope that this turns around again once the schedule is back on track and he becomes an equal opportunity kind of child!  More tomorrow...wish us luck, it is the big day of the board meeting where the Child Adoption Board determines if they think we are a good match for Wi!
Love,
Nancy, John and Wi

We promised you Grandma Angie!!


Covered in powdered sugar - he took so long eating that one donut hole, you would have thought that we gave him a full dozen!

OK, enough free advertising for one day...

1 comment:

Maci Miller said...

Okay, I am sooo laughing that the non junk food eating vegetarians took their kid to McD's. hahaha. Funny how the best laid plans change when you have a little one to appease, right? We haven't broke down with that one or hot dogs yet, but I sure have broken my no-sugar rule a zillion times and let Ruby watch more TV than I ever intended. You learn a whole lot as a parent, huh? And you pick your battles and loosen up a lot. It's all good! The smile on his face is priceless.